Friday, April 19, 2013

This is the "Welcome " Door....

Okay...after many months of fighting this...I have decided to step thru the "Welcome" door.  What is exactly the "Welcome" door?  A door that God opened up to me many times, but I walked right past it.  A door that numerous people told me I should go thru...to help others.  So...here I am, walking thru this door and I have to say... it is beautiful, peaceful, and full of lots of paths to follow.  Truly amazing!
Why is the blog titled "Making it thru the day"? 
I am not entirely sure where the title came from, it is some kind of statement that I learned from a few of my elderly friends when I would ask how they were doing.  It seemed that a majority of them would say: "Making it thru the day".  That, my friends, became me...just wanting to make it thru the day.
On Sept 12, 2008 my life changed along with my family's.  After receiving a hormone injection, I began to experience one of the side effects: headaches.  My doctor informed me that they will go away after a few weeks.  Well, they never did.  Yep...I said never.  It has now been 4 1/2 years, and I deal with these headaches 24/7.  The headaches have caused a domino effect on my body, causing me to have respiratory, auto-immune, digestive, nervous, and circulatory systems problems.  On a scale of 1-10 for pain, my daily level is a 7 or 8, ever since I was put on a good combination of medications.  Before that, I was on a level 9-10 every day. 
Why am I doing this blog?
Thru the past several years, my family and I have learned a lot to help me "make it thru the day" and I would like to share them with you.  I also want to encourage all of you to share this blog with your family and friends, as I will also be posting on ways that loved ones and caretakers can help people dealing with chronic pain and health issues.  This blog is going to benefit a lot of people as there are many people out there dealing with health problems or people who help take care those people.

Until, my next post...enjoy this "Welcome" door and welcome others thru the door.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment